The week started with a communist and ends with a running-dog capitalist. A former advertising copywriter and ad agency honcho, Terry O’Reilly is now a broadcaster who produces and narrates wonderful radio programs on advertising:
And what he does is all I know about Terry O’Reilly – well, except that he was born in Sudbury and has a quirky sense of humour and a lot of persistence.
Over the years, a number of very interesting people have recorded phone messages that air during the last few seconds of every episode. They include:
- Randy Bachman (Rock legend)
- Daniel Nestor (Tennis star)
- Kathy Greenwood (Whose Line Is It Anyway)
- Robin Duke (SCTV + Saturday Night Live)
- Jim Neff (Cadillac Michigan football coach)
- Seymour Butts (Porn star)
- Thom Sharp (actor in film Bodyheat, spokesman for Goodyear Tires)
- Jayne Eastwood (actress)
- Terry’s parents Betty & Mel, Terry’s wife Debbie, Terry’s daughters
- Sergio Di Zio (actor, Flashpoint)
- Ted Blades (afternoon host of CBC St. John’s Newfoundland)
- Dave Creighton (Creative Director for Honda Canada)
- Chris Straw (CBC Senior Director, Network Talk)
- Manager of the Hans Brinker Budget Hotel in Amsterdam (Proudly the worst hotel in the world)
- Carolyn Hopkins (the voice heard in over 200 airports)
- Ian Thomas (Canadian rockstar)
O’Reilly has tried repeatedly to get Boston Bruins hockey great Terry O’Reilly to leave a phone message, but O’Reilly has never responded. Terry won’t give up. – Wikipedia
You could read his book, reviewed here.
But if you haven’t heard him, you should . . .