Welcome to my visual journal, celebrating the wonder(s) of the world,
in all senses: Ooh! Wow! and Huh?
Through My Eyes – Photos of everyday, phabulous stuff . . .
Musings – Funny and serious essays on stuff worth wondering about . . .
Rambles – Bits and pieces on stuff at other times and in other places . . .
What Does It Mean?
For me, it’s all about my quest:
- To think broadly
- To feel clearly (yup, clearly)
- To appreciate deeply
And, above all . . .
- To laugh frequently
Where Have We Been So Far?
But wait, there’s more!
- Tips for estimating an alligator’s length, weeding forests, ordering tea on airplanes, and getting the coffee you want in New Zealand, dagnab it
- Exposés about anxiety: Fitbit® separation, border crossing, identity theft
- An open letter to His Excellency the Governor-General of Canada, and a conversation with Tammy Wynette
- Articles featuring Jimmy Hoffa, Robert Heinlein, Mark Harmon, Richard Feynman, and Richard III
- Blogs on elf advocates, nude beaches, and the Day of the Dead
- Accounts of narrowly escaping death by blood pudding, gastroenteritis, and colonoscopy
- Hard-hitting journalism about what’s wrong with 19th-century German philosophers and present-day Wyoming
- Rants about forms, especially forms required at border crossings
- Thoughts on the major sports of curling, tai chi, and birdwatching, and the lesser-known sports of golf, baseball, and hockey
- Fun with language: acronyms, pictographs, changing usage, and class nouns (You know, what everyone talks about over a beer.)
Where Are We Going?
“But,” you might ask, “what will happen next week? What will we explore together?”
It beats me. But I’m sure it will be wonder-ful.
“We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.”
G. K. Chesterton
Well, Gilbert, maybe you should check us out.
Here, we’re not perishing for want of anything.